It’s that time of year again. The LIS entertainment committee is pleased to invite entries for the cultural programme this Diwali but please read this entire email before sending in your entries.
The LIS Diwali Entertainment Programme last year was a resounding success and based on your feedback soon after, we have established the following rules for the entries:
- Group entries will be given preference to encourage maximum participation. Each performance can have between 2 and 8 participants.
- The entries will be accepted on a First Come, First Served basis.
- Each entry can be between 3-5 minutes long.
- The total duration of the programme will be 75 min and the entries will be closed after the 75 min are taken, allowing for changeover between acts, moving musical instruments and props etc.
- There will be an extra slot of 15 minutes of informal entertainment available after dinner and before the disco.
- One person can only participate in a maximum of two entries although participation as an accompanist musician may be considered at the discretion of the committee
- Entries open at 9 am on Saturday the 14th of October. Any entries received before this time will not be considered.
- To enter, please send in your entries at or after 9 am on Saturday the 14th of October with the names of the participants and the name of the performance / song via email to email@example.com
- The status of entries and the availability of spaces will be updated every 72 hours via email.
- The closing date for entries is Monday the 30th October or when all the time slots have been taken up, whichever happens first.
- The entertainment committee reserves the right to request a change of song or change of performance if there is duplication of the songs.
- The decision of the entertainment committee is final.
And finally, do enjoy, have fun and make it a memorable evening for everyone. Let the fun begin……..
The Entertainment Committee